Monday, June 9, 2008

Lieberman Sews Self to McCain

Senator Joe Lieberman, long a zealous cheerleader for Republican presidential candidate John McCain, took his support to a new level this weekend when he sewed himself to McCain’s pants leg. “Senator McCain and I have worked closely in the past, but now we are really, really close.” reported a jubilant Lieberman.

Senator McCain took a few days to notice the change. “I realized that he was always there…even more than usual,” McCain admitted, chuckling, “I mean even when I go to the bathroom there he is!”

“I’m like his ‘mini-me’!” Senator Lieberman chimed in.

Later Senator McCain, in a more somber mood, indicated that he wasn’t sure that this would prove a prudent long-term campaign strategy. “It may become awkward when it comes time to pick a running mate,” he confessed, “who will, I’m afraid, need to be an actual Republican.”

“But John I just can’t quit you!” wailed Lieberman.

No comments: