Monday, October 20, 2008

Mickey Mouse Casts His Vote

ORLANDO – Early voting began today in Florida and one of the first in line at a polling place just blocks from Disney World, was cartoon character Mickey Mouse. “I’m thrilled to be here,” the mouse told reporters in his familiar high pitched voice. “I’m 80 years old this year and it’s the first time I’ve been able to vote!”

Election officials are bracing for a record turnout among cartoon characters this year largely due to a massive voter registration effort by the community group ACORN.

Poll worker Idabell Fosworth said that Mickey showing up to vote was not a case of voter fraud. “I looked at the voter roll and there was Mickey Mouse’s name and there’s Mickey Mouse right in front of me and I sure as heck don’t need a picture ID to know it’s him, so I gave him a ballot all fair and square.”

Mickey admitted to reporters that he supports Obama, “most cartoon characters I know do, except Elmer Fudd who tells me he's for 'Sawa Pawin'” When asked who Pluto planned to vote for the mouse looked confused, finally answering, “Pluto can’t vote. Pluto is a dog.”

No comments: