Tuesday, October 21, 2008

McCain Proposes Faith-Based Tax Initiative

Joe the Plumber: “I believe my taxes will go down.”











Today John McCain held a press conference to explain how his tax policy that benefits the wealthy will help regular Americans by making them feel better.

McCain told reporters, “Unlike rich people, working class people don't need a real tax cut, just a tax cut they can believe in. In fact, no matter how much a Democrat lowers their taxes, people will never truly believe they're paying less. That is why they are happier with my make-believe tax cut than they ever could be with Obama’s plan to actually lower their taxes."

McCain urged Americans to ignore what “elite economists” have to say about the candidates' tax policies and focus instead on the beliefs of some regular Americans:

Joe the Plumber:
“I believe I am a plumber that could someday buy a plumbing business even though I don’t have a plumber’s license, I don’t have any money saved, my driver’s license is suspended and I owe $1200 in unpaid taxes. I believe John McCain’s tax plan will help me in the face of all evidence to the contrary.”

Bob the Builder:
“I believe that Barak Obama’s gonna raise my taxes and give ‘em to black people.”

Thomas the Tank Engine:
“I believe that someday I will make over $250,000 a year and I don’t care if I pay higher taxes now if I don’t have to then.

Casper the Friendly Ghost:
“I don't believe nobody makes $250,000 a year.”

Bud the Burger-Flipper:
“I believe I may make $250,000 a year. I don’t really know. I ain’t worked here more’n 6 months so far.”

No comments: