Thursday, January 8, 2009

Feinstein: Panetta Lacks Torture Experience

WASHINGTON - Senate Intelligence Committee chair, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), has publicly denounced Barak Obama’s selection of Leon Panetta to serve as Head of the CIA citing Panetta’s lack of experience in torture, rendition and illegal wiretapping. “Frankly I was deeply disappointed. With so many qualified candidates from the dark side, candidates who for years have been doing dirty deeds mostly out of view of the public, there was absolutely no need to settle for a high minded proponent of the ‘Rule of Law’. Give me a break! Had I been consulted, which I most certainly WAS NOT, I could have told him that my position has consistently been that I believe the Agency is best-served by having an intelligence professional who can kick some ass, bust some heads and is not afraid to get his hands dirty."

Feinstein, says she is sensitive to critics who charge that for 8 years she has been a compliant ally to the Whitehouse, “But I am putting all that behind me now. I realize that it is my job as Senator to provide strict oversight to the executive branch now that it is the administration of a fellow Democrat that I will be sabotaging.”

No comments: